Thursday, August 14, 2008

Joid- You've Won Final Curtain!

Sorry for the delay. Jodi is the winner of Richard Jordan's book- please email me at fivecoat@ozarkmountains.com with your snail mail addres.
Here's her question with his answer!


Jodi:
Do you find it difficult shifting from one type of book to another? NOw you're doing mysteries--do you plan on trying any other genres?


Richard:
I wouldn’t say that it’s more difficult shifting from one type of book to another, just different. I started publishing nonfiction with a book titled BUT DARLING, I’M YOUR AUNTIE MAME! That was very demanding, because of all the research and interviews project required. It was extremely time consuming––years, actually. And God, I was terrified of getting facts wrong! Although I checked and rechecked data, interviewees often had totally different recall about the events I was attempting to chronicle. To a certain degree I also research my fiction, but I don’t have to worry about a reader wagging a finger at me and pointing out a staggering historical blunder. (Although I misspelled the French champagne Veuve Clicquot all the way through REMAINS TO BE SCENE, my first Polly Pepper mystery! I drink the stuff! You’d think I would have known how to spell my favorite bubbly! WARNING: Don’t drink and type!)
As for any problems with switching genres in fiction, a good story is a good story. I started my career writing erotica for the summer beach book market. When I was offered an opportunity to pen “cozy” mysteries, I found it extremely fulfilling to knock a character off, and then engage my amateur sleuth, Hollywood icon Polly Pepper, to solve the crime.
I never say never, but at the moment I don’t foresee moving into another literary genre. I’m too busy fulfilling my publishing commitments, working at Disney, and I’m about to produce a movie. (Whew!) Although perhaps I should try screenwriting. THAT’S WHERE THE MONEY IS! I’m the only one in Hollywood without a script to sell!
Again, thanks for the great questions.
Sincerely,
R.T. Jordan

1 Comments:

Blogger Biddut Debnath said...

Hello sir, Are you ok?

Looks up greats! I enjoy because it is a nice and very effective article of Joid- You've Won Final Curtain.It is a beauty full site for us. This site is a help us many many way .I also like it.This is a nice post. So i want to share There is a excellent stability between finding natural healthy epidermis maintenance systems that are Facial cleanser, and ones that actually get results.

Thank You Very Much For Create That Nice & Cool Article.

8:26 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home