Friday, August 01, 2008

Minnesota is Cool and Blog Readers Are Fun

Wow! We had great participation the other day, asking Amy Rea questions about her writing and about Minnesota. All of the questions were such fun that Amy would like to answer them all! Amy will be answering them on the comments section of the original post later, so stop back by this later or tomorrow!
Now, here's the winning question from Diane! And Diane, I need you to contact me within 7 days so I know where to send your book! fivecoat@ozarkmountains.com All other previous winners who haven't contacted me by Saturday, 8/2 - your book will go to someone else!
Hi,
Because of the enormous amount of material covered, did you feel this book was really finished? Or did you feel you just had to wrap up when you reached a deadline? PS - thanks for the yarn shop recommendations!

Diane

From Amy:
Good question, Diane! There’s an old saying that goes something like this: You never finish writing something, you just stop. That’s how this book felt—but that’s part of the nature of a travel guide. No sooner had the book gone irrevocably to press than restaurants I’d covered began dropping like flies, and new interesting stores opened, and I discovered even more interesting festivals that I didn’t know about, and there’s been talk of a new state park on the North Shore, and…in other words, the only way for the book to be published was to close the file and send it away. That’s one of the reasons I’m happy to have my blog (www.flyover-land.com) that I can use to update information and add new things as I discover them.

Oh, and I’m glad you liked the knitting info. It was my personal goal to make sure knitters everywhere knew how to find yarn in Minnesota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home